Skillet coming to Japan?


While at the Loud Park yesterday waiting for A7X to come on stage, I saw this info on the big screen between 2 stages saying "Skillet is coming for the first time to Japan in February, at Club Duo Shibuya on February 2." 

Wow! Good news!! It's the next day of my birthday, so I really want to see their show. But Club Duo is a small venue... hmmm, I wonder if I can get a ticket...

There's always a big difference in what to be popular between Japan and other western countries. In the case of a band like Skillet, they seem to get supports from Christian societies calling them a Christian rock band. In Japan, they don't insist that part of a band's music because it basically is a Buddhist country even though many Christians and other people believing in different religions live here. Therefore, that gives us a fair ground to listen to music with an impartial mind. I think that is good and also makes it a nice place for western musicians/players to play live.

The first song I listened to of Skillet is "Rebirth" so I only have their "Comatose" album. Maybe I get other albums of theirs and listen to them before their show. It's more fun when you know songs they play live, right? :)

Skillet is one of the bands I want to see play live. I'm looking forward to it, definitely!

コメント

このブログの人気の投稿

フランスのラッパーNinhoさんがスゴい

字幕ソフトに泣かされた夜

鄧倫くんは演技がお上手!