Drummers are the greatest!!



I saw Limp Bizkit play live at Loud Park 11 for the first time. Didn't know much about their music but it wasn't what I expected... I mean, it was FUN! (^o^)

In the middle of their show, the guitar player Wes suddenly started playing a few influential American rock classics such as Nirvana's "Smells Like Teen Spirit" and Mötley Crüe's song (I forgot the song title). But when he played this song, it brought me back to my Colorado days in mid 80s!!



That sitcom-ish part of their show, where Wes plays whatever he comes up with and other members just follow him except the singer Fred Durst, was hilarious to me but for the younger audience... probably not very much. They are too young to know Twisted Sister. But that part surely was a hook for me to enjoy their show more.

For those who don't know how Wes looks like...please see the below.



At the interview with the drummer John Otto, we picked up the above song to ask him about his groovy drumming. It's my favorite song on their new album, actually. And John smiled and said, "Good one!" Seems like it's one of the songs that he's proud of and shows the tight groovy combination with the bass. For me, this song is the coolest of all on the album!!

After all the photo shoots there, my favorite photographer Eiji-san said to me, "You'd better get married to a drummer." My knowledge about drums I've learnt all those years through drummers' interviews actually doesn't apply to the other side of my life as a woman. Totally useless in that aspect. So he gave me an advice. Hmmm.... that may work.

I have no idea what's going to happen next on my romance front but am 100% sure drummers are the nicest, sweetest and greatest to speak to!!! No bands can survive without a good drummer, you know ;)



コメント

このブログの人気の投稿

フランスのラッパーNinhoさんがスゴい

字幕ソフトに泣かされた夜

鄧倫くんは演技がお上手!