J. M. William Turner


While I was seeing the slide show of the photos taken during my trip to Germany last month, I got a sudden random thought of researching a good-looking guy online who caught my eyes at the first sight. He is Joseph Mallord William Turner (1775-1851) who was an English Romantic landscape painter. I saw his portrait (a replica, of course) in the castle at Schloss Laufen on our way back to Wiesensteig from Adela's house and his face just stays in my brain since then for some reason.


I noticed today that I took a photo of his chair without knowing it was his. I took 2 photos of the room where several chairs with a name tag of the person who sat on each one are exhibited.




As you can see above, his chair is the only one that shows the tag towards the lense. I shot them in about 10 seconds - just wanted to capture how they place them in one big room because it was rare for me to see a room like that. When I found William's name tag on the chair readable, I felt goose bumps! Pretty spooky, huh? I have no idea of what this means to me but I'm now interested in this painter and will try to get more info on him later.

Oh, by the way, the Rhein Fall at Schloss Laufen is absolutely wonderful. It's a must place to go if you travel in Switzerland... and visiting the castle is also interesting. I just wish I could read German...

コメント

このブログの人気の投稿

字幕ソフトに泣かされた夜

フランスのラッパーNinhoさんがスゴい

鄧倫くんは演技がお上手!