What a night!



I was lucky to have a very inspiring interview with the great contrabass guitar player Anthony Jackson last night. It started at 1:00am and believe it or not, it ended at 2:40am!! I was the one who set it up so starting it after midnight was no problem... until I was asked to interpret at Kenny G's interview the following morning. I was a bit worried because I knew I would have only 3-4 hours to sleep between them. But everything went alright after all.

Anthony is obviously intelligent. No one would ever doubt it. The way he talks about his instrument and music, the tone of his voice when talking about them, the important information he delivers... everything was totally inspiring and overwhelming that all I did was just listening to him! Nothing but words of wisdom!! He thanked me for being patient but I was like a pupil listening to her master in a serious manner. After the interview, my brain was still trying to digest what I had just listened to and I was awake until 4:30am... whew, what a night! I guess my brain was very happy with such delicious nutrition from Anthony but my body needed something else to be happy... SLEEP!

I got up at 7:30am this morning and started getting ready to go out right away. Which surprised me, actually. I never thought I would get up without cunctation. Anyway, I could get to the hotel 40 minutes before the interview of Kenny G. My fellow co-worker Kenny K and my favorite photographer Yoko-chan were already there. With this team, almost everything goes well, especially photo sessions because Yoko-chan is awesome as photographer and always loved by musicians. She's got a killer smile! Kenny G isn't an exception. He began to suggest us various poses, even some humorous ones. I don't know if those shots will get to the pages in the magazine though... I didn't expect him to be funny like that. Yoko-chan, you are fantastic!!!

Kenny K was going to introduce him to Kenny G as "Kenny K" but he wasn't brave enough and just said "Ken" as usual. Darn! Hey, Kenny K, I'm looking forward to hearing you introduce yourself "Kenny K" some day ;)

I'm sure I'm going to sleep well tonight. I made my brain happy last night. It's my body's turn :)  Good-night, everybody!

コメント

このブログの人気の投稿

字幕ソフトに泣かされた夜

フランスのラッパーNinhoさんがスゴい

鄧倫くんは演技がお上手!