Quiet morning before the storm... perhaps


August was a crazy month for me. Was too busy to remember what I did. I feel like most of the things I did in August were done a few month ago... oh dear! Another busy month has begun but this morning, it's very quiet and nice. I know it's calm before the storm... oh dear, oh dear!

I had a great time in my hometown last weekend, seeing some of my relatives and becoming good friends with the chief priest of our temple and his family after the memorial service for my late dad and grandma for his 13th and her 3rd anniversaries. My mom tells me not to treat him like a friend but hey, I just can't help myself showing my love and friendship to my favourite people! That's me :)

I've got tons of positive vibes from all the good people I saw there. In a small town, people help people without thinking what they can get in return. That is something missing in a big city these days where many are just too busy living their lives to care others. Therefore, it feels nice whenever I visit my mom. Good old Japanese are still there! But I know I would be bored to death to live there. Yep, I need both of big city excitement and countryside heart of gold to appreciate my life fully.

I always find it interesting that I get more chances to hang out with my friends whenever I'm busy working. My days until next weekend are packed with fun times working and seeing my friends from this evening on. I feel like a bluefin tuna which would die if stopped swimming in the ocean.

There's one more thing that makes me feel good about myself. Which is some praised me for my ability as translator! So nice of them!! I never see it's good enough and just do my best but it seems more than good enough for them. Yay! It's like 2 decades of trying to improve myself finally pays. I know it's still too early to become bigheaded but it's pretty thrilling to hear people say nice things about my work. Shortsighted mind? Oh yeah, that's another who I am! ;)

I sometimes see some people around me be jealous of me for that. They say I easily get chances which they desperately seek for. I encountered such situation yesterday when speaking to one of my colleagues.  But I think it's her problem not to get what she wants and not realising it is the main reason she doesn't get what she wants. Right? "Throw your jealousy away" is exactly what I want to say to her but I don't. I become mean to jealous people. They tend to want to walk in someone else's shoes which are nothing but putting a round peg in a square hole. And they would just blame others for not walking properly in the shoes. Poor thing! But they never learn until they find the right shoes have already existed right in front of their eyes. Me? I love my shoes and they fit me perfectly! :D

コメント

このブログの人気の投稿

フランスのラッパーNinhoさんがスゴい

字幕ソフトに泣かされた夜

鄧倫くんは演技がお上手!