Larry & Marcus


OH MY GOD! Larry Graham and Marcus Miller at Billboard Live Tokyo certainly blew my mind yesterday!!

I didn't have a chance to see Larry play live last year when he came to Japan, so I was determined to see one this time when I first heard he was coming back to Japan. Then I happened to find on the internet that he was going to play with Marcus Miller for a few dates. Hey, it's something you cannot miss! Right?

I was at the brief meeting before the show and missed the first 15-20 minutes of it when Marcus played alone. Shoot! He was like chatting with other musicians with their instruments when I entered the venue with Mr Yoshida from Zazen Boys (I met Yoshida-san for the first time that evening and I was glad he sat next to me because it's always nice to have someone nice next to me to enjoy the show together. Thanks, Yoshida-san.). 

Then Larry the Mr Showman enter! The audience was absolutely excited to see him just standing on the 2nd floor landing. They played 3 songs, "The Jam," "Hair," and "Release Yourself." It was like a funky storm hitting the floor! Some stood up immediately and started dancing. Others sitting but moving their upper bodies to the music. Me? I was on the 3rd floor and one of the latter. But I know I would have been one of the former if I had been on the first floor. You just cannot help yourself dancing when listening to Larry's funky bass and voice. He even led Marcus and his musicians and marched in the audience while playing and singing. What an entertainer he is!! Oh so full of positive energy!

Before the show, I saw them and Larry's wife Tina in the dressing room before the interview for Bass Magazine. Tina is so sweet as usual and told me she thought about me when they had a meal at a restaurant of their hotel a few days ago. My colleague Daisuke and I had a meeting with them at the same restaurant last time. I wish I had more time to chat with her... 

Tina is the role model for my life now. She just makes everyone around her happy all the time! One interesting story she told us when a lady came in and told her about the supermarket downstairs. Which is Larry is the one who loves shopping! He selects and buys almost everything for her except her ear-rings. Then Marcus smiled and said, "He lets you have the responsibility for your ear-rings."

Larry and Tina give me so much positive energy and always reminds me of the importance of showing my love to people around me. I'm totally fortunate to see them again this time. And I hope they continue to come back to Japan every year!

Larry Graham & Graham Central Station plays at Billboard Live Tokyo later this week. Better go see them and indulge in the funky vibes!!

コメント

chanpara さんの投稿…
こんばんは。ご無沙汰しています。

私は火曜日2nd行きました。マーカスも楽しそうでしたね!

そしてMikiさんの予想通りGCS復活ですね。今日の2nd行きます!
miki さんの投稿…
chanparaさん、

こちらこそご無沙汰してます。

私が見たのは火曜日の1stセットでした。
マーカスもラリーも本当に楽しそうで、ラリーのMCもノリノリでしたね。

GCS、楽しんできて下さい!
私は他の仕事で行けないのですが、
chanparaさんのライブ・レポート楽しみにしてます!!

このブログの人気の投稿

フランスのラッパーNinhoさんがスゴい

字幕ソフトに泣かされた夜

鄧倫くんは演技がお上手!