From dusk 'til dawn


I don't usually work all night but last night I did it for the first time in months or maybe a few years. I wanted to finish a long-enough-to-drive-me-crazy text written by an American journalist because the best-looking guy in my office sitting next to me needs it by this weekend. Oh yeah, it's my nature to be extra nice to good-looking guys, you know ;)

I happened to find another way to entertain myself while working on a text - listening to my favourite music on my iPod. I usually play something as background music but I hesitated it because it was after midnight and my windows were open for cool night air to come in. Didn't want make noise leaking outside. Plus I got 2 CDs of a Korean young band called CNBlue yesterday evening and of course I wanted to listen to them. So my solution was iPod.

This way works pretty good when working on a text (working on a recorded interview is a different story because my ears are for listening to the audio file), especially CNBlue sings in Korean. I unconsciously listen to songs in which they sing in English or Japanese thought... My brain seems to focus more on what it can hear easily than what its vehicle (=me) needs to focus on. 

I've heard that we usually rely on our eyes to recognise things and 80% of the information comes into brain is from our eyes. But in my case last night, my selfish brain worked like recognising the info from my ears 40%, that from my eyes 30% and that from my memories 20% and 10% left for life-sustaining. I don't know if my translation was alright because it was a little before 6am when I finished it and no energy left to re-read it. I just sent it to the best-looking guy in my office right away... Well, I'm sure he can rewrite it alright to fit in the pages - my translating/writing quality is not that bad anyway :)

One more thing. One of my close friends had a chance to speak with Mick Karn yesterday (they are friends) and he sounded pretty good. He is looking forward to working on a new Dalis Car record, which is happening very soon. Hey, Mick's fans out there, isn't it good news? We will have a chance to listen to his new recordings soon. Let's send him our big love! Okay? :D

コメント

このブログの人気の投稿

フランスのラッパーNinhoさんがスゴい

字幕ソフトに泣かされた夜

鄧倫くんは演技がお上手!