JamRock Cafe

One of my good friends Phil Chen forwarded the link to the article in Time Out Tokyo about a new Jamaican restaurant in Harajuku, JamRock Cafe, yesterday. The photos in the article look delicious and that was a damn good reason for me to try their dishes today.

I had a face-to-face interview with Bob Mintzer at 10am in Toranomon, so I had to get up much earlier than usual - I'm not an early riser at all. The funny thing is the energy level of all of us including the interviewer Yuka, the photographer Gombi, Bob and me were equally low. Bob and Gombi had jet lag and Yuka and I were simply sleepy. But this mellow atmosphere was nice that it all went well.

After Bob's interview, Yuka and I went to JamRock for lunch. Yuka ordered "Ital stew" and I "jerk chicken." Both are pretty good. Yuka loves coca-cola but she was too stuffed with the stew to drink it up. Me? I ate mine like a beast ;)  The restaurant is small enough to make you feel cozy, maybe 20-25 people maximum, so it would be more interesting to go there in the evening for dinner with good friends. Since the chef Yvonne mainly speaks English, it would also be good for people who want to enjoy Jamaican food and communication in English.


I found a video recipe of jerk chicken.




Hey Phil, let's go there when you come to Tokyo next time :D

コメント

このブログの人気の投稿

フランスのラッパーNinhoさんがスゴい

字幕ソフトに泣かされた夜

鄧倫くんは演技がお上手!