Retrograde


I found a link to Angra version of Kate Bush's "Wuthering Heights" by accident and indulged in watching some of her old videos on YouTube. I love the original version of Wuthering Heights much much better though...

Suddenly I wanted to listen to Concrete Blonde. Their 1990 "Bloodletting" album is one of my favorite CDs I often go back to listen to... And I sometimes hear the song "Joey" on the same album in my head. My most favorite song on it for sure. "Caroline" is another that I instantly fell in love with before I got to "Joey" when I first listened to the album. Luckily I found this music video on YouTube!


Johnette Napolitano's voice sounds soooo good! And the song doesn't sound old!! I wonder how those current pop songs would sound in 20 years. I feel fortunate to have lived in the time where we had a precious thing called "limit." That's what makes us move on. Modern technology made our lives easier and more convenient but basically what is beautiful can be very simple and organic. Real talent doesn't need an electronic finish to it at all. Simple and emotional things can touch others' hearts so easily... just like this "Caroline" song. Don't you think? :)


コメント

このブログの人気の投稿

フランスのラッパーNinhoさんがスゴい

字幕ソフトに泣かされた夜

鄧倫くんは演技がお上手!