What? Was it Phil??


my face is round like full moon... ugly :-(


I found an interview video of the Bombastic Meatbats on a Japanese website and was watching it tonight. When I was grinning at what Chad Smith says (it's pretty funny, you'd better see it), I heard my friend's name come out suddenly. The bassist they originally booked was Phil Chen but he didn't show up. What? Phil was supposed to play with the Meatbats? No kidding!

I must say it's fortunate for all the Meatbats music lovers that he didn't show up that day. Because there wouldn't have been Kevin Chown on Bass. Furthermore, their music wouldn't have been the same as what we now love.

I mean, Phil Chen is a great bass player. He is actually one of the first bass players that made me realize I love the sound of the bass so much. The very first album I got was Rod Stewart's "Foot Loose & Fancy Free" on which Phil plays the bass. I was 13 or 14. It's a great album and I still listen to it occasionally. So I think it would have been great if he had played with the Meatbats but...

Now that Kevin is the bass sound of the Meatbats, I cannot imagine how different the overall sound of the band would have been with Phil. After all, it was all destined for the way it is now. And most of all, their music is awesome! Phil, you were right about not showing up that day ;) Thanks!

PS I remembered Phil and I talking about life on the way back to my hotel that evening the photo was taken when I uploaded it. He's a Chinese Jamaican. Very funky and warm but has certain depth in his perspectives which comes from his background. It got pretty deep by the time we got to my hotel. Surely an interesting man to chat with.

コメント

このブログの人気の投稿

フランスのラッパーNinhoさんがスゴい

字幕ソフトに泣かされた夜

鄧倫くんは演技がお上手!