Life Starts Now


All of a sudden, I keep listening to 3DG's "Life Starts Now" album repeatedly since last Sunday. I don't listen to anybody else but 3DG at the moment... what is going on in my mind? There must be something happening deep inside of me that makes me crave it but I don't know what it is. Oddly enough, their music was always there when something important for me actually happened. So there should be a reason or two this time. Well, I will gradually realize it later, hopefully.


The more I listen to it, the better I like it. Some say it's poppy but Adam's awesome vocals, good melodies, interesting lyrics and Brad's heavy bass are what I love most about this band. I just put the headphones on, play it loud and indulge in the world they create with their music. That's what I love to do right now.

When they came to Tokyo for their very first gig, I was assigned to Brad's interview for Bass Magazine. As the staff writer in charge of it knows I love the band, he kindly asked me to interpret. We only had 30 minutes and it was done a few hours before the show. Anyway, the staff writer asked me after his interview why I love them so much. I honestly answered that I discovered them and listened to them when I was getting myself together to clean up all the mess of the post-divorce phase. Their song " I Hate Everything About You" at first and later "Pain" became the theme for this miserable journey I was taking at the time.

I don't have any painful issues right now but I can sense something is happening in my life. I just hope it will be something happy that I could see their "Life Starts Now" album as a happy album in the future.

コメント

このブログの人気の投稿

フランスのラッパーNinhoさんがスゴい

字幕ソフトに泣かされた夜

鄧倫くんは演技がお上手!