Am I this maniac?

While I was taking a long and relaxing bath listening to music on iPod last night, I suddenly realized that I tend to picture how the drummer plays in my head. I don't play drums nor any instruments since junior high because I came to think one day, maybe at the end of 6th grade, I'm not talented at all and I had enough of it.

My art teacher at elementary school Mr Kimura let me (almost forced me to) try various instruments my school had at the time except piano. I don't know what he thought about me but what I tried was recorders (soprano & alto), organ, accordion, marimba, vibraphone, bell lyra, snare drum, drum major... that all happened in 4 years, from 3rd to 6th grade! Every time he needed to form a band with students, I was the first one to get called in and the only one to try a new instrument. I think I played them okay...

But I always wondered why I had to practice a new thing all the time and was envious of those students who stayed with the same instrument. I always loved music but playing it wasn't really what I wanted to do. So I stopped playing when I graduated from elementary school. No practice after school! What a liberation it was!! Eventually what he taught me really helped me when my career started although I totally forgot the fact I used to read music.

I noticed that what had been given me to play was mainly percussive instruments while I was recalling those days. That explains why I tend to get drawn to the rhythm section. Here are some of my favorites.




I love Damien Schmitt! He's cute and funny... and his drums sound amazing!!



I just fall in love with Chad's feet every time I see this. 'Falling in love with his feet' sounds really weird but it's true. His feet look and move sexy when his heels are up ;)




Oh my lovely Daniel! I wanna hear your ghost notes cutting through the Amott wall someday ;)



What can I say? Mick and Steve are my most favorite rhythm section. Love of my life in a way. Mick looks super gorgeous in this video. And Steve is... cool as usual. This video makes me want to see you again, Steve, because we haven't seen each other quite a while.

コメント

このブログの人気の投稿

フランスのラッパーNinhoさんがスゴい

字幕ソフトに泣かされた夜

鄧倫くんは演技がお上手!