Hope is the name of my friend


I'm saying nothing notional here. I had dinner with a very good friend of mine yesterday evening whose name is Hope (of course, in Japanese). I hadn't seen her for 2-3 years but time doesn't change our friendship at all. It's always fun to see and chat with her and we both indulge in the comfortable atmosphere full of love, smile and laughter.

The funny thing this time is, the managing chef of my favourite izakaya KOKOKARAYA Kubota-san emailed me last Saturday saying someone I knew were there with her old colleague the night before. That was Hope and she told him how she got to know his izakaya. I took her there at first a few years ago and she really liked the food, drink and relaxing atmosphere there.

About a couple of days before his email, I actually thought, "I haven't seen Hope for a long while. I gotta call her soon." What a coincidence! We had so much to catch up with and stayed KOKOKARAYA for 4 hours! Drinking, eating and chatting endlessly! Even Kubota-san joined our chat. We all had an awesome time for sure.

Kubota-san said something interesting. He's got insight to tell who is bilingual when listening to how they speak. He immediately could tell Hope is bilingual last Friday when she was there talking with him. But he never thought I was also one until he actually saw me talking with an American friend of mine in English a few years back. What he says is that there is a certain accent or flavour to how they speak Japanese when they are bilingual. Which, he says, I don't have. So it was a great surprise for him when he heard me talking like an American. Hooray! Nice compliment! :D

Hope agreed with him saying some of her bilingual friends has something similar to what he points out. Hope actually spent her whole high school years in New Jersey and her English is much better than mine. I met her through work years ago, we just hit it off right away and became great friends. What great about her is, she is open and so down-to-earth at the same time that talking with her is as comfy as lying down in a cradle. Very precious person to have as a friend.

Like yesterday evening, I rediscover greatness of my good friends every once in a while. That certainly gives me so much energy to move on. And I'm so grateful that all my good friends always support who I am. And Hope, you are absolutely one of my all-time greatest friends! Love you ♡

コメント

このブログの人気の投稿

フランスのラッパーNinhoさんがスゴい

字幕ソフトに泣かされた夜

鄧倫くんは演技がお上手!