Unexpectedly busy week


It started with a face to face interview with Andy Snitzer and Eric Darius who were in Tokyo for gigs called Celebrating The Music of Grover Washington Jr. at Bluenote. As horn players are always wonderful to interview, they are great! 

I met Andy at an interview for the first time a few years ago and it was nice to see him again. He is a mature person with humour. So nice and comfortable to talk with. Eric, on the other hand, is young, up-and-coming, sweet and, I'm telling you folks, very good-looking :)   I know, I know, music is not about how they look BUT meeting a good-looking guy is one of the best things about my work :D  I just can't help myself writing about it whenever I see a good-looking person. And you know what? How you look often shows how you live and play, I mean, your attitude and personality certainly effect all the expressions you do including behaviour, manner, tone of voice and facial expressions in addition to your music! In the case of Andy and Eric, their respect for each other also gave us all relaxing and comfortable atmosphere during the interview. Which I always love to be in.

Then came my little gardening time. One of my best friends Takako gave me Okinawan Banyan last weekend and the other friend of mine Tsujii-kun gave me some seeds of morning glory a couple of weeks ago. I also got an Echeveria from my mom's garden. So I bought bigger plant pots and a plant stand to cover the outside fan of one of my air-conditioners. Here they are:


Banyan, Echeveria and used-to-be LOVE bean (L to R)

Morning glory (next to bean) germinates in 4 days (^_^)


I never thought I would be interested in gardening. I just wanted to take care of the plants I got from my lovely people and it turned out to be like the above. Well, life is like that, you know ;)

In addition, FIFA World Cup 2010 is taking a lot of my time this week. Because of this 7 hour time difference, I'm sort of useless after 8pm every evening up until 3 or 4am next morning. I'm supporting Spain. Why? Coz I'm a Barca fan! I love Xavi and Iniesta!!♡♡♡ Sorry but I just can't find a better reason to support Japan. Some of my co-workers jokingly call me unpatriotic but who cares? I support whom I love, of course!!!


All my energy hissed out like a flat tire at this though... 

I also had a great opportunity to meet a sweet lady, Mayumi Kojima, for a project she's been working on to make it happen. I can't tell its details but I'm excited about it although I know there will be some difficulties on the way to deal with. Mayumi is so nice that I could tell her sincerity at the first sight. I  hope she finds me okay... I often sound stupid when I find someone nice that I want to be friends with.

I still have 3 long (70 mins), medium (40 mins)  and short (7 mins) interviews to get done this weekend. But the project with Mayumi gives me full energy to get them all done. Yes, I feel like a new window of my life has just opened. It's nothing romantic though... Well, again, my life is like that ;)  Work comes first, then friends, and then maybe and eventually romance... hopefully.

コメント

このブログの人気の投稿

フランスのラッパーNinhoさんがスゴい

字幕ソフトに泣かされた夜

鄧倫くんは演技がお上手!