Akita in June



It's rare to visit my mom at this time of the year but I'm going to go to Akita this weekend. My hometown is a small town near the mountains. Very quiet and very dark at night if you are used to living in a city full of lights. Since it's just before the rainy season at the moment, everywhere should be covered with lively green. In which you would definitely love to enjoy what the mother nature offers you. Me? I'm always 120% happy if I have delicious rice and awesome local pickles :D  But what I really want to eat this time is...

♡♡ My all-time favorite Kabukiya's Hanami-dango (dumplings)♡♡


And...

♡♡Another all-time favorite Naruto-mochi (rice cake)♡♡

I would be happy to death (I mean it!) if I had both of them for a coffee break every day - I hate green tea for some reason. Yes, they are THE SWEETS you must eat in my hometown!! But the thing is Kabukiya's freshly-made-dumplings are basically available in winter to early June. Frozen ones are available for those who want them in summer and autumn, which started last summer. But fresh ones are always much better than frozen ones...

Naruto-mochi... they always come with a bamboo leaf. Isn't it pretty? And they taste soooo good! They are THE BEST rice cake in the whole world!! 

Meantime, the corgi puppy I bought for my mom was finally delivered to her yesterday morning. I haven't seen the puppy yet but heard her tongue while I was talking with my mom on the phone yesterday. She sounded full of pep! She finishes her meal very quickly so my mom actually timed it this morning. Believe it or not, she finished her breakfast in 90 seconds!!! I'm looking forward to seeing it this weekend ;)

The weather this weekend seems fine. No rain, the sun will be smiling, the fresh smell of rice fields in front of my mom's house... That's what I haven't enjoyed for years. Gee, I can hardly wait! 

コメント

このブログの人気の投稿

フランスのラッパーNinhoさんがスゴい

字幕ソフトに泣かされた夜

鄧倫くんは演技がお上手!