Bad day

I had a bad day yesterday at my work. The first time in years did I get so upset. It started with an email from a drummer I barely know of who went off on me out of blue. Then, another angry email from a journalist who always hurries me to arrange his payment right away with various reasons.

Well, the drummer first called a different person who eventually asked me to reply to him. He wanted to sell his text to a magazine. I have no right to decide what to do so I have to confirm it with the person in charge of the magazine. While I was waiting for the magazine guy's reply, he called my company over 4 times and emailed to someone 5 times - that's what he said - and complained we wasted his time and $30 for international calls in his email sent to me yesterday. And he said, "You guys need to be more professional." No one ever told me about his calls and emails. I just wonder why he didn't complain to the person he emailed to or got his calls if he was that much impatient before letting us 'waste' his time and money. After all, it's impossible to build a good relationship with someone like him. Thank God, he got angry at us. I hope he won't contact us any more.

The journalist…… he has always been the pain in the ass since I returned to my company 8 years ago. He must be a great journalist but he is not very great as a person. Most of the overseas contributors accept the payment policy of my company knowing and trusting that their payment is always made on the day we have promised. This journalist is the only one that forces me to treat him differently from others. I wonder if it is because he considers himself a super excellent journalist who deserves privileged treatment or he isn't financially successful after being an independent journalist for over 2 decades. Anyway, the drummer above and this journalist seem similar to me. It's always about money when they complain of something. CHEAP!!!

I was upset last night because I couldn't control my anger at them. For me, anger is an energy consuming negative feeling physically and mentally that I simply cannot hold long. It usually arouses when I encounter someone cheap and selfish. Most of the time, I tend to forget it in an hour or so. But it was very hard to digest that negative feeling yesterday...

When I woke up this morning, I started thinking the other side of this incident. Which is I'm lucky enough to work with good people and those 2 guys are only small percentage of whom I work with. Little negative things hit you but on the other hand, it's a proof of your being lucky to be surrounded by good people in a big picture. Now I'm feeling much better :)

コメント

このブログの人気の投稿

字幕ソフトに泣かされた夜

フランスのラッパーNinhoさんがスゴい

鄧倫くんは演技がお上手!