The Little Things

Just saw this movie "WANTED." Its theme "The Little Things" by Danny Elfman sounded familiar to me. I was 100% sure I had listened to it somewhere but couldn't remember it. Thought about some minutes and finally it came to me. They played it on Fox channel as the BGM at the gap between shows with some pictures from a TV drama "NUMB3RS." I knida like this song.


James McAvoy speaks with American accent in the movie. I first saw him playing Mr. Tumnus (my favorite!) in the 1st "The Chronicles of Narnia" so it's a little odd to hear him speak like that but he sounds natural.

One question popped up in my mind while I was seeing it. Which is how much Japanese subtitles help me understand the story. I absolutely need them when it comes to jargons. But I tend to listen to the dialogues to understand the story when the language is English. I find myself not reading the subtitles as much as I think I do. Of course, I read them when movies are in other languages than English.

The reason why that question popped up is I happened to read last night about how unique in a negative way one of the most popular movie subtitlers was. It seems there was a fuss about her on the internet a few years ago. What really surprised me is that reportedly she doesn't care nor know what they say because she doesn't get online at all. Really? No internet when you need to translate something you don't know? Wow!!! Unbelievable!!!!!!!!

It actually has made my work so much easier since I got my first Mac in '95 or '96. As my knowledge is obviously limited, being able to search things I don't know online is crucial right now. I just wonder how she gets enough information to sort of recreate dialogues in Japanese. She must be a genius probably.

As a translator, I need to be much more careful about what I translate from now on. You never know who reads it and rubs you the wrong way by pointing out how bad your translation is ;)
Well, I'm not that popular nor good anyway... No need to worry :p

コメント

このブログの人気の投稿

フランスのラッパーNinhoさんがスゴい

字幕ソフトに泣かされた夜

鄧倫くんは演技がお上手!