Another hot day in Tokyo


I see clear blue sky out of my kitchen window with bright sunshine smiling upon us. It's nice to work inside my house though... the temperature outside is already 30C!! Will definitely get higher soon. Summer in Tokyo these days is similar to that in tropical islands... without comfortable zephyr, whew!

I've been working on a book as my side project since mid July. It's like drifting and swimming in the deep sea of the author's memories and brain. I'd never tried a whole book -  interviews and articles most of the time - so it turns out to be a great lesson for myself and my career as translator. I'm learning new things every day that I would not realise otherwise. Fun and interesting in one way but a bit painful in another because of what's written in the book. I don't know if I want to try another book in the future. Maybe not.

What I find interesting is that my friends circle slightly changes when one big thing has begun. Big things usually come with a new friend or two that may later become a turning point to another direction of life. For me, this book seems so. My life opens up and I'm almost obsessed with what's going on now. I mean, my life is centred around my side project at the moment even though it should be side, not main...

It's rare to discover something like that, something you can do with so much enthusiasm. I feel so fortunate, indeed. I have a feeling that it would be the highlight of my career. One of my colleagues in UK calls it a labour of love. Yep, that's exactly what it is for me and for all the people who support me. All the kindness and good intentions from wonderful people pouring on me lately enables me to ignore unpleasant inputs from mindless idiots. Surely life is not bad after all :D

コメント

このブログの人気の投稿

フランスのラッパーNinhoさんがスゴい

字幕ソフトに泣かされた夜

鄧倫くんは演技がお上手!