Spring cleaning and cooking


Finally my apartment looks nicer after spending the whole day to clean it yesterday. It turned out to be serious spring cleaning because there were many stuff I decided to get rid of. The space in my apartment is limited and I need to sort out what to stay and to go once in a while. I try to live simply but many unnecessary things just pile up here and there without knowing it. So it was refreshing to get rid of them. Simple life is what I feel most comfortable of.

At evening, my close friend Takako came over to spend the weekend with me. My back started hurting while I was preparing dinner for her. I wondered why and thought maybe because I was too busy cleaning to sit down and relax the whole day. Later she told me it was because of my sink cabinet. Japanese standard one is much lower than that in Europe and the States and it seems that my body was used to the one in Elizabeth's kitchen during my stay in Wiesensteing. Mine is actually higher than standard but still it's low for my height. Takako is taller than me and she has the same problem when she cooks. Oh well, all I can do is to wait until my body gets used to the height of mine.

We kept talking until 2am last night drinking wine (me) and beer (her). She was surprised that I was not jet-lagged. No, I'm not. Just my stomach has a hard time adjusting to Japanese food for some reason. So what I cooked yesterday was more like western food. Which also surprised her. I often cook Japanese food when she comes over and she thought I might be hungry for it after staying in Europe for 10 days and would cook it. What I felt was opposite. I was hungry for cheese, ham, meat, salad... Guess what? My stomach works fine today. Hmm... what is wrong with my stomach???

Just about going to bed, I think I heard someone calling me on Skype but I was very sleepy and just turned off my Mac. I have no idea who it was but I'm sorry I didn't answer!! (I'm still figuring it out and don't really know its system well.)

Anyway it was fun to do my spring cleaning and spend the weekend with Takako. I'm still in this "getting rid of things" mode and keep doing it for a short while. It's about time for what I have since I was married to go... spring cleaning of my life in a way ;)

コメント

このブログの人気の投稿

フランスのラッパーNinhoさんがスゴい

字幕ソフトに泣かされた夜

鄧倫くんは演技がお上手!