Golden Week begins tomorrow



Presumably the longest holiday in Japan is called "Golden Week"and it begins tomorrow. It usually is April 29 to May 5 but some people work on business days during that period because GW basically consists of 4 separate public holidays: Showa Day (used to be the birthday of Emperor Hirohito) on April 29, Constitution Memorial Day on May 3, Greenery Day on May 4 and Children's Day on May 5. So it depends on calendar each year whether you can have the whole week or longer off or not. This year, April 30 is the only business day (April 30 and May 1 for some people) and many people seem to take a day off on that day to make it a real holiday-ish holiday.

I can make it the whole week off if I want to but I haven't decided it yet. It all depends how things go today at work. I will have a week off if everything goes well today :)

I have no plan for GW this year. Because of the accidental spending at the beginning of this month, I've decided it's better not to go on a trip to anywhere. Maybe I will see my friends who I don't have a chance to see very often. Or read some of the books being piled up in my livingroom. Or spend time on organizing home... It may sound boring for those who love to go out but it's fun for me to stay home and do things to make my living environment nice.

All my lovely friends who are bored or have no plan for GW like me, just give me a call. You are always welcome to stay here to be a victim of my cooking experiments :D

コメント

このブログの人気の投稿

フランスのラッパーNinhoさんがスゴい

字幕ソフトに泣かされた夜

鄧倫くんは演技がお上手!