It takes me a short while but..

Last night, I heard a song so familiar to me when I was watching "Cold Case" season 5 episode 13. I tried to remember the song title but couldn't do it. Then I tried to look for it on the internet. It took me about 15 minutes to finally get to the music video on YouTube. It is Fiona Apple's "Sleep to Dream."




Then some of my favourite songs popped up in my mind. One of them is Patricia Kaas's "Mon Mec a Moi." I first discovered it when I saw a language programme on TV.



I fell in love with her voice right away! I guess it was my first encounter with a French singer I wanted to listen to. Before that, as I had some French Japanese friends, I knew a bit of the current French music scene at the time and liked MC Solaar a lot.




I forgot about them for a while. But I got interested in MC Solaar again while I was trying to find his old video above. I will probably get his latest album released in 2007. Anyway, the seed of my liking French music was sown then. No wonder I sometimes fall for it.

It's nice to go back to the past to rediscover the musicians I loved at the time and find out some still produce interesting music to this day. After all, I tend to love those who have a distinctive style. And right now, I'm in the mood for indulging in this kind of music, not some poppy stuff... maybe because of this autumn atmosphere...

コメント

このブログの人気の投稿

フランスのラッパーNinhoさんがスゴい

字幕ソフトに泣かされた夜

鄧倫くんは演技がお上手!