AA=

While I was checking emails keeping my TV on a few days ago, an interesting noise suddenly caught my ears. I turned around to my TV screen to see who it was. "AA= (pronounces a-a-equal)" and the song was "Peace!!!"




People who know me well aren't surprised that I'm interested in this type of music because they know I sometimes get into it. But what they might be surprised is AA= is a Japanese band. Well, it actually surprised me when I found that out. I think I've written in my blog before that I don't know much about Japanese music just because of the nature of my work. In fact, I was interested in Oceanlane once but it was because of the song they covered, Sade's "Smooth Operator" that triggered my interest. It's a different story this time.

Thanks to the internet, I immediately got enough info of AA=. It's a solo project by Takeshi Ueda, ex-Mad Capsule Markets' main songwriter and bass player. And his album is called "#1."



I've seen this artwork somewhere but don't remember when or where... I sometimes work with Commmons (AA='s record label run by Ryuichi Sakamoto) so maybe someone I know there showed it to me or something. Anyway, I got a copy yesterday and listen to it repeatedly since. I love it!!!

A part of me is drawn to this kind of fast and noisy electronic-ish music while I often fall for something poppy and easy to access. There certainly is a poppy and catchy feel to AA='s music. I think it's one of the key elements that caught my ears in the first place.

My colleague Noguchi-kun, whom I've known for over 2 decades, says he still can't figure out what interests me... Well, there is a certain thing you cannot resist, just fall for it with no reason. And in my case, it is... oh no, I can't figure it out, either! Noguchi-kun, you are so right! :)

コメント

このブログの人気の投稿

フランスのラッパーNinhoさんがスゴい

字幕ソフトに泣かされた夜

鄧倫くんは演技がお上手!