Rainy Equinox Day

I don't remember the last time it rained but it's raining this morning. Nice moisture after having days of warm sunshine smiling on cherry blossoms to wake up. Seems to be sunny this afternoon. Good for those who visit their family graves today. It's a Japanese tradition on Equinox days in Spring and Autumn.

I got a nice book from one of my favourite journalists, Mr. Bonzai, last week. It's called "MUSIC SMARTS" in which there are many great excerpts from the interviews with music creators he has done.



I read it while commuting on the subway to my office lately and haven't finished reading it but it gives me a smile whenever I find inspiring words. I'm aware of some people around me on a train glancing at me curiously when I smile reading an English book but I just can't help myself smiling. It's a wonderful book and I really want everybody to read it! It gives you new perspectives on your favourite musicians. Well, at least I get inspired. Thanks, Bonzai-san!!!

One of my close friends Takako took me to IKEA the other day. I had been to one in Oakland some years ago but it was the first time to go to one in Japan. For me, grocery stores and shops of eating/cooking utensils are favourite places to go. So you can easily imagine how I get excited about wandering in a Japanese IKEA for the first time. As a result, I ended up spending way more money than I expected... oh dear!

I used to buy cheaper stuff out of necessity without thinking much when I was young. But the quality of life became more important when I got to my mid 30's that I began to buy things I can use for years especially when it comes to furniture. Japanese houses and apartments in cities are generally much smaller than those in America or Europe that you really need to think what to place where just like a big 3D jigsaw puzzle. This limitation can be a nice challenge if you like to make your place comfortable to live.

I didn't buy any furniture at IKEA that day but many of small handy things such as cute oven mitts, kitchen cloths, candles, etc. The interesting thing is Takako tends to go for red stuff and I blue/green stuff. I think it somehow shows our personalities. Actually my living/TV room is green oriented and bedroom blue oriented. Takako's apartment is studio type which is basically red/white oriented. She is a lovely girl full of passion who usually captures people's attention easily as the way she is. I guess I'm more like someone who is always there smiling when you look around, who never wants a spotlight on her. Maybe this is the key for our long time -almost 2 decades- friendship.

I always like to see and stay at people's place because it tells me who they really are and their approach to life. It's not about expensive furniture at all, more about what environment they comfortably live in. Like the foundation colours on canvas that make the theme of painting stand out. There's always a silent statement there, which I find interesting. 

My IKEA triggered spring cleaning is only a half way done. Gotta finish it today to focus on interviews for the rest of this 3 day weekend. See ya, guys!

コメント

このブログの人気の投稿

フランスのラッパーNinhoさんがスゴい

字幕ソフトに泣かされた夜

鄧倫くんは演技がお上手!