January 09

Had the annual business trip to Anahiem, CA, for the winter NAMM show as usual. It's always the big thing at the beginning of the year. I met some great people there in addition to my buddies, Rob and Ernie. I always love you, guys!!!


It was nice to see Neil Zlozower again for the first time in 3-4 years. You still rock, Zloz! Daisuke, one of my party members who met Zloz for the first time, says he is so cool. Yeah, he is! Take a look at this.




I also had a chance to see Marty Temme for the first time. He gave me the same impression he always gives me through his emails. Very friendly and sweet! I was totally exhausted when I saw him and look so ugly but here is a photo taken with him. Thanks for the photo, Marty!




The last day of NAMM, an intresting thing happened. A guy suddenly spoke to me on the street asking if we speak Japanese. I was with a guy from Keyboard Magazine and sure we did speak in Japanese. He says his brother is really into Japanese anime and he always plays his favorite anime in Japanese with English subtitles. So he knows the sound of Japanese language. Well, interesting part starts here. He is Dave Yaden, a singer-songwriter who plays piano/keyboard and said one of his songs would be played in Dave Koz's radio show on J-WAVE in Tokyo the day before Valentine's Day. He wanted to know what J-WAVE is like. We didn't have NAMM badges then so he never knew what magazine we work for. Actually he was walking right behind me. He caught a guy from Keyboard Magazine and his interpreter by chance. Here is his short performance at NAMM on my favorite piano (I fell in love with this beautiful piano at first sight although I don't play piano).




The following weekend was Rhythm & Drums Magazine Festival. I was assigned to look after American drummers, Terry Bozzio, Stanton Moore, Shane Gaalaas and Johnny Rabb. Because of my job I had to stay near their dressing rooms and didn't have a chance to see them play, only 15-20 minutes of Terry Bozzio's at the end of the whole show. It was certainly an interesting and exciting festival for all the drummers. Here is a video of Bunta, who is a friend of my co-worker, playing at the festival. You can get a picture of how it was like.




Well, January ended with my being extremely exhausted after crossing dateline twice, experiencing jet-lag twice and working in full of noise venues 2 weekends in a row... I did it all in 15 days, non-stop!

コメント

このブログの人気の投稿

フランスのラッパーNinhoさんがスゴい

字幕ソフトに泣かされた夜

鄧倫くんは演技がお上手!