February 09

I had only 3 face to face interviews in February, Fall Out Boy's drummer Andy, Franz Ferdinand's bass player Bob and an art photographer Roe Ethridge, although I became pretty busy translating already recorded interviews for monthly magazines and a long text for a book to be out in March. It's not bad for me because I was trying to get back in harness especially after crazy 2 weeks in mid-late January.

I wasn't interested in Fall Out Boy, nor Franz Ferdinand, before I actually listened to their albums for preparation. They are good, I mean, they are better than I expected. It doesn't make me their fan but knowing their music is good.

Roe Ethridge, however, is a nice surprise for me in terms of interviewing someone whom I don't often have a chance to work with. I somehow found something congenial when I first met him. At the end of his interview, I found out why. He played the guitar and sang in rock bands when he was younger. No wonder! He has this musician-esque atmosphere around him which I'm familiar with. The interviewer didn't ask him any questions related to the history of contemporary art. It was surely a very different interview from what I usually do and I'm still not sure if I did it alright... Many of my close friends love art and my Ex is an artist but I'm not that type of person. I just love what interests me...

The long text for a book is about the unique concert production of Radiohead's tour in last year. Their challenge to make it as carbon neutral as possible is very interesting. It originally appears in June 2008 issue of Lighting&Sound magazine. If you are interested in it, get a copy or go to their website: http://www.lsionline.co.uk/digital/

コメント

このブログの人気の投稿

フランスのラッパーNinhoさんがスゴい

字幕ソフトに泣かされた夜

鄧倫くんは演技がお上手!