HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

I spent the new year's holidays here in Kawasaki this year. It's the first time in 4-5 years to do so - I usually spend it with my mom and grandma in Akita - and what I mainly did is seeing my friends.

I was invited to a party in Yamanashi by good friends of mine Hiromi and Harper. Harper's family was also there to meet some of Hiromi's relatives and friends. The restaurant is cool. Food is good. People are nice. But most of all, it was full of love and happiness that everybody there just smiled all the time. Such a great party! Thank you so much for your invitation, Hiromi and Harper!! I love you guys!!!

Before going back to Tokyo, I had a mini sightseeing tour in Kofu with my friends Kumi and Daisuke. Kumi is from that area and she knows where to go. Daisuke has been there some times to see his wife Kumi's family. I used to live in Tsuru and went some of the sightseeing spots years ago. Anyway, it was December 30 and most of the places were very quiet or even closed. I basically don't like places full of people so it was nice for me. We went to Shosenkyo and Fruits Park. Before going to Fruits Park, I told Daisuke that my friends in Yamanashi often gave me a huge 1.8 litter bottle of Yamanashi wine. He didn't believe it first but at Fruits Park, he found out and was surprised that they sell wine in 1.8 litter bottles regularly. See, Daisuke, I didn't lie to you ;-)

On New Year's Eve, my friend Takako came over. We bought and cooked so much food for the special dinner that evening. We ended up eating Toshikoshi-soba (noodles traditionally eaten on New Year's Eve) the next day for lunch. I wonder if it gives us any bad luck?

The next 2 days were quiet - mainly spending time cleaning, cooking and seeing some episodes of "Criminal Minds, 2nd season," the boxed DVDs I got from Amazon on New Year's Eve. I'm not interested in Japanese TV shows especially around the New Year's holidays. They suck!

On the 4th, my friend Aki took me to her friend's cafe in Senzokuike for lunch. It's called Omrice Cafe. Nice food and atmosphere. I would definitely go there regularly if I lived in their neighborhood. One of my long time friends, Nozomi, joined us. We took a short walk around Senzokuike after lunch and it was relaxing and fun for sure. I love going for a walk but it's more fun to do it with people I love.

Now it's time to get back to my work to finish translating a couple of recorded interviews before my holiday is over. My spoiled lazy brain still refuses to work. Oh well...

コメント

匿名 さんのコメント…
Happy late new year!
:->
miki さんの投稿…
Hi Moonisup!
I hope you had a great time during the new year's holidays.
I still don't get back to work, just looking at an audio file on my computer screen and sighing... so hard to switch to "work mode" after being lazy for 9 days :-(
Hope to see you soon in my office before my business trip to NANN.
Talk soon!

このブログの人気の投稿

フランスのラッパーNinhoさんがスゴい

字幕ソフトに泣かされた夜

鄧倫くんは演技がお上手!