Fell in love with...

I saw this great young French drummer Damien Schmitt again in Anaheim. I didn't expect to see him there but he played live with Hadrien Feraud at Markbass's party on January 19. Everyone, take a look at Damien's playing!



I met him in Tokyo for the first time in early December 2007 at the interview with Hadrien Feraud but didn't have a chance to see him play live. He was there at this Hadrien's interview to help him communicate with us in English. My impression to Damien was that he is funny, cute and very friendly. Never thought he would be that great as a drummer, as a matter of fact. But when I saw him play live in Anaheim, I was absolutely astonished!!! And fell in love with his playing right there. I don't usually listen to the style of music he plays with Hadrien - basically more into Rock/Pop music - but it's so much FUN to see and listen to him play drums! He's coming to Japan again in April and I hope to see him play the whole set then.

Last year right after my trip to Anaheim, I was sort of devastated by lack of warmth, love and compassion of people in this country and had a hard time to adjust myself to it. Just like homesick for America. But this year, I don't feel anything like that. I guess negativity can easily bring me down that I didn't have enough energy to confront it last year. For some reason, I have enough energy to do so this year. I thought about it for some days after I got back here but still don't know why. But the thing is, I can see Japanese people's negative tendencies in a different way now. Many people complain of everything just to feel they should deserve something better. That means they are not happy with what they've got. Poor guys! I'm happy with what I got so far and don't see much about the negative side of everything. Probably it's the key to enjoy life. I just don't want to spend 24/7 just wanting what I cannot get. I love my friends and want to be loved by them but that doesn't mean I want everybody to see me as a good person to love. I can be evil minded sometimes, which perhaps surprises people around me, and don't hide it at all. I'm not afraid of losing something/someone and now can let go of what I don't need. Guess I learned a great lesson without knowing I did :-)

I often think of quitting my work recently. I love what I do but don't feel the same excitement as I felt before. Not losing my interest in it, just want to breathe in a different world. My work has been the center of my life for about 2 decades and now I need something totally new and fresh to me. I find myself not wanting to hang on to it which is a great surprise. I rather want to be away from it and focus on what I really want now. I have a plan to visit my friend Elizabeth in Germany in March. I feel it's going to be a milestone of my life. I have no idea what's going to happen during that trip. All I can say is, it will open a different door that shows me a different side of my life. It's gonna be GREAT!!! Elizabeth, see you and your husband soon, darling!!!

コメント

このブログの人気の投稿

フランスのラッパーNinhoさんがスゴい

字幕ソフトに泣かされた夜

鄧倫くんは演技がお上手!