Happy Happy Joy Joy

I just kept hearing this weird short tune in my head on my way back home this evening. I knew it was from a cartoon. I knew a cat and a dog were the main characters. I actually recalled their faces and some scenes from that cartoon but couldn't remember the title no matter how hard I tried. As you can imagine, I ended up searching it online. Thanks Wiki! You are always there for me when I need your help. It's a song from "Ren and Stimpy" and Stimpy's favorite song! You can see Ren and Stimpy dancing to the song on YouTube.

This cartoon was one of my Ex's favorites. At first, I didn't like it very much because the characters are not cute and stories are sometimes stinky and gross... I remember saying "Ewww..." many times when seeing it with him. Eventually I kinda got used to it and started liking it somehow. But I forgot it for some years and suddenly this song hit me out of nowhere! What was wrong with me???

Well, I guess it was probably because the guy I met today at an interview is good-looking. Most of the people I worked with in the past 2-3 months are over 50 years old. Some are legends. It sure is interesting and fun to talk with such great people but once in a while, I get a slight urge to want to see someone gorgeous as a feast for the eyes. Girls love good-looking boys, right?

I didn't know Jason Falkner was with Jellyfish. I loved Jellyfish's "Spilt Milk" album but didn't know it was their 2nd album, either. Jason is a gently-spoken person. I just love those who create comfortable atmosphere around them. It's the key to have a good conversation, I believe. Both the interviewer and I had a good time with him. He also plays with TV Eyes. As I had never heard of them, I saw a couple of their videos on YouTube while I was looking for Ren and Stimpy. They are good! I ordered their "TV Eyes" album right away. It will be a feast for my ears this weekend. Discovering something new that you like is definitely "Happy Happy Joy Joy!" It will be a great weekend if I ignore the MP3 files of recorded interviews on my computer screen...

コメント

匿名 さんのコメント…
Hi there!

If you haven't heard Jellyfish's 1st album Bellybutton, you should because that's where Jason was. He left the group after this album. Spilt Milk is fantastic but so is Bellybutton.

And, from the TV Eyes connection, if you are not familiar with Redd Kross, you should look into it. The drummer in TV Eyes, Brian, is from Redd Kross and it is another fantastic pop band from California.

In a way, these 2 bands played a huge part of my early 90s. If you listen to their albums today, you can honestly say that music is timeless. Absolutely brilliant.

このブログの人気の投稿

フランスのラッパーNinhoさんがスゴい

字幕ソフトに泣かされた夜

鄧倫くんは演技がお上手!