YOKAI

One of my buddies Ernie asked me for help a couple of weeks ago. He is writing a text for SHOJO BEAT magazine about Japanese traditional yokai (scary creatures). I was incredibly busy at that time and it became a nice escape and had fun researching it on the internet. Thanks, Ernie!!

I didn't know anything about the magazine but it looks interesting. You can take a look at http://www.shojobeat.com

When I was a kid, my family lived in an old farm house. My great-grandparents had it built, so it was pretty scary at night. Our restroom was at the edge of west side of the house and you had to walk through a roofed dirt floor, one small dim light hanging from the roof, to get there. For a 3-4 year old girl, the dim dirt floor looked pretty big and it was just like the entrance to devildom especially at night. I couldn't go to the loo without my mother when it grew dark. She sometimes left there while I was in the restroom, so I had to keep asking her "Mom, are you there?" to make sure she was there. I still remember the fear I felt when I didn't hear her voice.

While doing a research, I have found out there are so many Yokai in Japan. As my hometown is in a snowy region, I believed Yuki-onna (Snow woman: http://obakemono.com/obake/yukionna). I thought all the snow storms were caused by her. Typical kid's imagination. But what I liked about Yuki-onna was the fact she is beautiful, totally different from other scary-looking or funny-looking Yokai. Even a small kid at age 3 or 4, I was somehow attracted to beauty already.




Now, see a photo of my favorite football player DECO. No, I don't mean he looks a yokai. He is actually cute. But many of my friends say, "Why Deco?" They know I have a tendency to fall for good-looking men. Like him...



or him...



Both Matthew and Kevin are gorgeous! I could never ever have a guy like them for real. And that's exactly why I love them. I just like to indulge in a girly world in my mind. Just appreciating the beauty, which certainly gives me energy to face and struggle in less beautiful usual days of mine.

Deco, on the other hand, is truly a great player who inspires me to work harder focusing on what to do. I do appreciate his wonderful skills of playing football and making the game more than how he looks. So, there is beauty that fills your heart with joy and there is another beauty that fills your mind with the motivation. Hmmm... I'm still attracted to beauty after all.

Oh, by the way, the song I'm really into now is "Afterlife" by Avenged Sevenfold. This band really got me! 


And this song "Dirty Boys & Girls" by Dirty Harry.


I love her voice! I downloaded her album "Songs From the Edge" and it's great. Better listen to it, my friends! You might love her, too.

コメント

このブログの人気の投稿

字幕ソフトに泣かされた夜

フランスのラッパーNinhoさんがスゴい

鄧倫くんは演技がお上手!