Never thought of that way!

One of my coworkers Yuko told me today that she uses online translation software to read my blog. I never thought of it and was surprised to hear that. She also said it worked well. She seems to believe it's because my English is grammatically correct. Well, I never liked or studied grammar, so I suppose it's only because I use easy words and my sentences are short enough to be machine friendly. But I thank her for reading such a boring blog like mine :)

I always forget to write about a saxophone player I met the other day, Dave Koz. He is really good at doing interviews. He used to host a radio show and knows how to do it very well. I don't usually go see Jazz musicians play live just because I'm not interested in Jazz. But I became curious when I heard that his fans go see his shows repeatedly. I wondered why and wanted to see one of his shows.

It was the first set of the first date of his Japan tour at Blue Note in Tokyo. Fortunately he mainly played movie themes that evening and some of his tunes. He MCed in English between tracks but people seem to understand him well. What surprised me was that he tries to communicate with Japanese audience in Japanese. I often saw him see and read the note on the floor, probably he wrote down some Japanese words on the set list, but I think his efforts to communicate with the audience, such as speaking in Japanese and playing a Japanese children's song, eventually make them feel very special. And that is one of the reasons they come back to see his shows again and again.

I thought there would be many middle-aged women in the audience but in fact, there were much more middle-aged men than women and they did enjoy his show with a big smile on their faces. Basically I don't know what music people at large actually listen to because music is a huge part of my daily life. So, it was a nice surprise for me to see the middle-aged audience at the show. 40% of the show, I looked at the audience, not Dave on stage... hahaha!

I will go to Loud Park on the 21st for an interview with a heavy metal band. The audience there will be absolutely different from that of Dave's show. As I like Pop Rock better, I know I can't tell the difference between those bands at Loud Park but it will be interesting to see the younger audiecne full of sweaty men wearing a black T-shrit. One of my coworkers told me today that there would be some young girls who love Marilyn Manson. Oh well, what's the difference? Those girls wear black outfits anyway. Just not as smelly as men...

Oh, by the way, Dave Koz's drummer Stevo Theard is awesome!! 40% of the show, I stared at him!!! Oops, I only saw Dave play 20%... Sorry, Dave!

コメント

このブログの人気の投稿

フランスのラッパーNinhoさんがスゴい

字幕ソフトに泣かされた夜

鄧倫くんは演技がお上手!