Ooh la la Lasik!


Had Lasik on April 15. I didn't even think of it before someone told me one of my colleagues had one 2 years ago because of the surgery fee. It's about 180,000 yen, which you need to think for a while to make your decision, right? But probably my mind was almost made up when I started thinking about it - thought for a week, called the clinic and had it 2 weeks later. Pretty quick, huh? ;)

The actual surgery was an interesting experience. My heart beat like an intense death metal kick drum for a few minutes on the operating table right before making the first flap (lid). Once you experience it, it's no big deal. You just start thinking how your eyes will see things from this time on. At least that's what I thought.

It was like many red & white blinking lights of a UFO (just like the one in the movie Close Encounters of the Third Kind) coming down onto your eye, then you don't see anything for a sec because it's too bright. Next thing you see is a tiny white pallet gently stroking right and left on your eye a few times. I was like "Wow, I can see already!"

One of my friends jokingly said, "Hey, did you really go to a clinic? It could have been a UFO. You must have been abducted, Miki!" when I used the analogy of blinking UFO lights. I kinda liked his response.




I had dinner with one of my buddies Aki yesterday evening at our favorite restaurant in Sangenjaya called Kokokaraya. She gave me a pretty bouquet to celebrate the success of my surgery. Thanks, Aki! So sweet of you!! She and people at Kokokaraya gave me positive vibes for sure in addition to the great food there.

Now, my daily life has changed a bit. No more glasses nor contact lenses. Yay!! But I will need to get reading glasses soon. Which I'm also looking forward to. That's how people with good eye sight be in their 40's, right? Feel like a bit of a grownup now :)

コメント

このブログの人気の投稿

字幕ソフトに泣かされた夜

フランスのラッパーNinhoさんがスゴい

鄧倫くんは演技がお上手!