Oh boy... Extremely more than words...


Went to my first Extreme show on the 4th. The band and the audience truly rocked!! Guess I was so lucky to experience their show in that great atmosphere.

One of my good friends Mika booked tickets for another good friend of ours Aki and me. Our seats are in the 9th row on Nuno's side, which is close enough to see his expression clearly. I've been a fan of Extreme since their first album but didn't know what to expect this time. It was my first time, you know. My biggest wish, however, was to see Pat play live. I had a chance to interpret at his interview for a magazine 14-15 years ago. I don't know exactly what triggered this feeling of comfort in me but during the interview, the atmosphere he created and his tone of voice reminded me of my American dad Duane Batdorf who had passed away about a month before it. Of course I loved his bass playing but his great personality made me fall in love with him. Since then, I looked for an opportunity to see their show but didn't have any before they disbanded.

Some years later, I was assigned to work with Nuno. It was when he started a solo project Mourning Widows. I enjoyed working with him a lot. I still think he is one of my favorite people to work with. He sometimes flashed an ironical smile but behind that expression, I somehow saw his warm and gentle nature. I don't work with him now - Mika is his Japanese voice and she is really good at it - but still see him accidentally from time to time in Tokyo or in CA. Nice to have a chance to say hi to my favorite people I have worked with, indeed.

The show was full of songs I can sing along. To my surprise, I still remember their lyrics which I thought I forgot. I saw and heard people around me that evening singing along throughout the show. I also saw their happy faces including that of Aki. Which surely was touching. Yep, the house was full of enthusiasm and great vibes everywhere!

I wish I could see their show again sometime soon. I fell in love with them... AGAIN!!

コメント

このブログの人気の投稿

フランスのラッパーNinhoさんがスゴい

字幕ソフトに泣かされた夜

鄧倫くんは演技がお上手!