Simply complicated

I had a chance to chat with one of my fellow photographers Yoshika at work yesterday. Actually the planned interview with Steve Ferrone was cancelled because of him being jet-lagged. He was too sleepy to do it and went back to his hotel for a nap right before we arrived at the venue. Yoshika and I had about a couple of hours to chat before Steve returned to the venue for performance and we caught him on the way to the dressing room to take some photos of him. Thank goodness, the interview was rescheduled.

Girls just love to talk about Love Life for no reason and we started talking about it in the course of nature. She said that her boyfriend is young, which is a bit of problem for her because she wants to get married but he doesn't. Well, she is 2-3 years younger than me and I understand it when she said so. I mean, I don't see the importance of marriage as long as I'm happy with the relationship with my partner. But for some girls, they certainly long for marriage especially when they want some kind of proof of steadiness of their relationship for good.

When I got married, it was pretty simple. We were so in love and wanted to live together to see if our relationship would work. But there was literally and physically this huge Pacific Ocean between us. The ultimate solution was marriage for us only to live together. Unfortunately it didn't work and we ended up getting divorced in 3 years. But it was absolutely a great experience for me. I don't know if it was the same for him though.

What surprised me is that she is actually afraid of breaking up with her boyfriend saying it would be disaster if they broke up when she became 45-46 years old. This tells me something. What she is really afraid of is probably she doesn't want to be left alone at age of 45-46 where people in Japan generally think it's difficult to find a new partner to start a new relationship. Yes, age matters in this country. I don't like it but it's true.

Having all those struggles in her, she even sounded like saying to herself his not wanting to get married to her should not be the reason to break up. I agree with her. If they are in love and want to be together, there will definitely be a different way to live happily together. I don't know her boyfriend and I don't know how he feels about it but marriage is not something you can force your partner to accept when the main reason is your age. The thing is it's something you don't get when you want it. Marriage finds you when the time is right.

Yoshika, you are a sweet girl! Don't be afraid of anything that hasn't happened yet. Be brave and don't let the negativity get in your way. Trust and cherish your boyfriend's love. Okay?

コメント

このブログの人気の投稿

字幕ソフトに泣かされた夜

フランスのラッパーNinhoさんがスゴい

鄧倫くんは演技がお上手!