Criminal Minds


Wow, it's been almost a month since I wrote my previous blog! Well, I wasn't busy for the first 3 weeks of November and maybe because of that, I caught a cold and took me at least 2 weeks to recover. Some of my friends out there must have thought my email response was really bad around that time. Sorry, folks! Blame darned runny nose and hard coughing for that!! I just couldn't be friendly to anyone even if I wanted.

I don't know if it was because of sort of misery I felt at that time but I really got into an American TV drama "Criminal Minds" showing on WOWOW in Japan. They have shown 18-19 episodes of its first season so far and will be showing the second season next month. I once got into books about profiling and serial killers in my late 20s but I forgot about it until I saw that drama. At first, I saw the Japanese dubbed version and gradually became interested in the original version. But my initial concern was jargons in English. So, I saw a couple of episodes of the second season on YouTube to see if it's too difficult for me. You know what? There certainly are some words I didn't understand but it wasn't difficult at all! Much more fun to see the original version with real dialogues spoken by the real acting actors. Especially, loved the character Penelope Garcia. I wish I could answer the phone in my office just like her!!

Now, if you know me well, it's easy for you to guess what I did next. Yes, I got an imported US DVD boxed set of its first season on Amazon. I thought of getting the first and the second seasons at once but I can get it in the US next month when I go there. And I can see some episodes of the second season on YouTube anyway. No need to hurry.

There is another reason in addition to Garcia I decided to get it. I became fond of Dr. Spencer Reid. His Japanese dubbed-in voice is pretty good - very nerdy smart ass with a hint of nervous timidity voice - but the original one is better, of course. Matthew Gray Gubler plays that role. I didn't realize it when I saw the Japanese dubbed version that he and my Ex look and speak alike!! Of course, Matthew is much better looking. Some of my friends agree with me that he reminds them of my Ex... Oh well, I should admit it now. The bottom line is my kind of guy is always the same no matter how I resist it. I just fall for a good-looking nerd guy with nerdy glasses!!

Anyhow, my November was full of unusual things - catching a bad cold, getting into a drama, less freelance work, just working in my office on weekdays for 3 weeks. No wonder it was so boring. I only did 2 interviews before the end of that month, Kirk Whalum and Jordan Rudess, although it was the beginning of crazy days towards the end of the year. I have already got tons of work to do this month.

Jordan Rudess is the Dream Theater keyboard player and his 4th solo album "The Road Home" is going to be out in Japan on December 19 (it was out on September 17 in the US). If you love progressive rock, it's the album you should get it. He plays his favorite songs and my favorite one is "JR Piano Medley." He played it on the real acoustic piano which sounds wonderful! I've known him for some years and he is always great and fun to talk with.

As I mentioned above, I will have a short business trip to LA and Anaheim in mid January. Folks, if you will be there around that time by any chance, email me. I'd love to see my friends during my stay!

コメント

このブログの人気の投稿

フランスのラッパーNinhoさんがスゴい

字幕ソフトに泣かされた夜

鄧倫くんは演技がお上手!